Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Curd

Specifically, lemon and lime curd. I bought too many citrus fruits.  There had to be a solution that didn't involve just putting them in the compost one by one as they began to mold. So I canned curd. Yesterday was a gorgeous day in Rhode Island, the kind of winter day that makes you glad there are no leaves on the trees because there is no good reason to hide a sky that blue.
I had lightly held plans to make pasta this afternoon. I haven't done it since I was a child, helping my mother catch the eggy noodles as one of my brothers turned the crank on the pasta cutter. But it sounded good, with the shrimp and mussels we bought a couple days ago from the Farmer's Market and more lemon, as I hadn't exhausted the overabundance. In the end, I skipped the gym to follow through with this "lightly-held" plan and it was a success. The pasta was really great. And the seafood only slightly overdone due to Jon's day ending at 8:50 pm instead of the 8:00 pm he had anticipated.
Today, I have only one goal (after finally going to the gym). I need to get up to the outlet mall to exchange our CO2 cartridge. Or we might be snowed in tonight without carbonated water.

No comments: