Thursday, August 21, 2008
Failure
My intentional and unintentional meditations of late have been on the subject of failure. Failure is probably my biggest fear... it has at times, especially in the past two years, paralyzed me and therefore prevented me from taking the steps to actually prevent another perceived failure. I think I also have a tendency to subconciously think, "If I know I haven't put in 100% effort then it isn't really a failure, because I know I could have done better." This pseudo-logic of my subconcious, in the light of day, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But I think I've been letting it influence me anyway. So, as of last night, I'm going to try to stop the cycle. I'm going to try to welcome failures as an opportunity to improve, and opportunity to really give something a 100% effort... the second time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment